For those of you who don't live here let me explain, it is hot and when I say hot I mean really hot, like surface of the sun hot. And it is humid and when I say humid I mean air that is only slightly too thin to drink and way too thick to breath humid. I know that I am probably sounding like a whiner but hopefully my husband will read this, take pity on me and buy me the summer cottage in Maine next to Martha Stewart I have always wanted; I could teach her a thing or two :-)
I can feel already that we are on the cusp of such nasty weather, the major warning sign was on Monday when the kids came home from school. They wanted to play in the sprinklers because they were so hot and after a little while out there I found myself in the sprinkler with them. This now has become our after school activity. I enjoy watching the kids have fun but in the back of mind I know what is on the horizon and it makes me sweat thinking about it.
Claire was very confused by the whole thing at first she really couldn't understand what the other kids were doing, then Emily tried to help her out....
After taking a direct shot to the back of the head with a sprinkler she now spends her afternoons on the patio watching the fun (I am sure she will wonder off eventually). Emily and Zach however are in heaven. Tyler was at cub scouts the day I took these pictures, he has fun too. 

No comments:
Post a Comment