There are lots of other animals to, most of them are fun, but.....
Sunday, May 9, 2010
Father-Son Campout
This weekend was the annual Father/Son Camp out. I am always happy with any camp out that doesn't involve me. The boys had fun because boys being with dad is always fun. The rules are very relaxed or just plain don't exist. You will notice in the pictures the boys are wearing the same clothes day and night for the whole trip, I would never let that happen EVER!!!!! I don't know if any washing or teeth brushing happened, but I have visited John at enough Boy Scout Camps to know this is pretty normal and now my boys have been properly prepped for such future experiences. (On a side note John and I were talking the other day about the lack of teeth brushing by the boys in general, this really bugs me and I am worried about proper oral hygiene so I feel like I am constantly nagging about brushing teeth. John assures me that one day when Tyler starts brushing his teeth voluntarily on a regular basis will be the day that I really worry and it will start causing sleepless nights. He is probably right.)
The boys as they are ready to leave, what a handsome bunch.
John let Tyler set up the tent. Let me tell you it must have taken the patience of Job.
Of course Tyler has to find the biggest vine to swing from. Not even surprised this was the first thing Ty did.
Sleeping in their clothes, I left John in charge of all of the packing and apparently PJ's were optional.
Tyler went fishing, they were at Brazos Bend, a place known for giant alligators, let's just say I am happy he didn't catch anything.
There are lots of other animals to, most of them are fun, but.....

There is always one that is not fun, this is also one of the main reasons I don't camp in Texas (along with all the bugs and of course alligators)
They seemed to survive the overnight trek and returned happy and very dirty.
There are lots of other animals to, most of them are fun, but.....
No comments:
Post a Comment