Thursday, April 29, 2010

Last the best of all the game....

When Tyler was small and I was a new mom I was determined to remember every precious moment; 10 years and 3 more kids later I find I can't remember the most common place details anymore. (For example I was booking a family vacation the other day and agent asked me for the kid's birthdays, he just started down the list in alphabetical order and I can't tell you how hard to I had to think. If he had asked in sequential order I would have stood a better chance but then again if he knew the sequential order of the kids he would have already know how old they were and would not have been asking me for their birthdays. Anyway back to my point....) Luckily now I realize I need to record the really great moments so I am adding this story to my blog so that one day when I get around to printing it I can remember this all time great moment.

On Tuesday I was driving Claire and Zach to preschool. Every time we drive by Lowe's Zach asks me if that is where he was born and every time I have to explain to him that yes he was born in that spot but it was a hospital then and not a home improvement store. He then asked me if he was the 2nd baby born in our family, I told him no that he was the 3rd baby born and then I just casually threw out that Claire was the last baby born. The next thing I know Claire is sobbing (not her typical 3 year old I am spoiled mess cry but actual genuine crying) I asked her what was wrong and she told me "Mom I don't want to be the loser baby, why do I have to be the loser baby." I stated laughing so hard I almost had to pull over. I finally was able to convince her that she was the 4th baby and she was not the loser. (I have also convinced Tyler that every once and a while he needs to help Claire win at Mario cart so she is not always in last place and therefore the loser.)

Look at that cute face how could anyone think she is a loser.

Now her alternate ego, Snow White may need some help. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I cannot believe that the competitiveness in the family is so bad that Claire thought she was a loser for being born last. You need to teach C. Elizabeth :) the phrase, “Save the best for last”. After all, she shares a name with the best person on Earth (Elizabeth Ann Petersen).

Melissa said...

Awww Sweet Claire...Loser? Never! Just goes to show you kids DO pay attention to the commercials.