Monday, April 6, 2009

When a good idea goes very wrong

This is what happens when a good idea goes very wrong. It was suppose to be a simple redo, take only a weekend cost about $100. We have greatly exceeded the cost and scope of the project, I think we are now at the complete remodel level. You think somebody (John) who is a program manager for a large corporation, whose job is to be a steward over millions of company dollars would have a better handle on stuff like this. What was he thinking. We have been married long enough that he should know better than to listen to my ideas for a simple fix. I think this mess is completely his fault and I am totally innocent.
Now there is a picture of a guy having the time of his life. This is probably the most fun he has ever had in a weekend. I think the look on his face says it all.

I didn't think anyone would ever know that I didn't paint the patch behind the toilet tank. I guess when you take pretty much everything out of the bathroom it reveals all kinds of things. Some of them really yucky and disgusting.

This shouldn't be to hard to put back together, a little drywall, and new tub, replace the toilet, new tile, new fixtures, new window treatments, some crown molding and a little paint. That can't take more than a couple of hours, 3 tops.

Now here is the face of someone who is very excited for the change. (I know she is too big for the pacifier. That is another big problem for another day)

No comments: