Saturday, April 25, 2009

The bathroom saga continues then ends

When I last updated you about the bathroom refresh I believe there was a really big hole in the floor and Dad was on his way. Here are the happenings of last week.
Yeah!!!! No more hole in the floor. Now all we have to do is put down the 8 extra tiles that are in the attic, exactly the number we need to finish the floor, boy it sure is lucky that we have exactly the number of tiles we need, who knows what would happen if we were short.
OK so someone miss counted there were only 5 tiles in attic, leaving us 3 tiles short. I guess I am getting a whole new floor Dad looks very excited to be taking up the old floor. And once again the hammer and screwdriver are involved in the destruction.
Now that is more like it, a complete floor now all there is to do is finish the shower tile and put on the finishing touches.
Lets recap, my quick bathroom refresh that was going to cost about $100 and take a couple days, turned into a month long major renovation costing way, way more than $100. We replaced the tub, drywall, subfloor, all the tile, all the fixtures, new towels, new paint, new knobs, new rugs, new shower curtain, new blinds and new curtains (I think that about covers it). But the guy at Home Depot was right when you see the finished project it is worth all the headache.
Just as a side note, while my Mom Dad were here they found a similar water leak in the guest bath (by another lucky accident). It has not caused any damage as of yet, only because nobody ever uses that bathroom. But just in case I am keeping my hammer and screwdriver handy so that when I call "the guy" he will have the proper tools while I sit back and watch.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

YEA!!! Your dad is your rescue hero and so very handy! So glad to see it all done.

You should have a bathroom warming party...hehehehehe