Monday, March 30, 2009
I need my own show on DIY network
So since John and I have decided (mostly John) that it is not prudent to move given the current economic state; we (mostly me) have decided that we need to do a little remodeling. So we started with the room that has been my nemesis for quite some time, the laundry room. I have hated this room in my house for years. Obviously a man with no children designed this room. It has one function provide a space to do laundry, it never really fulfilled that function. It had carpet on the floor so every time I put wet towels on the floor I cringed and after almost 9 years and lots of nasty laundry the carpet was gross. It had practically no storage and was in desperate need of paint (every other room in my house has been painted, most of them twice). My washer and dryer were also on their last legs. They were the set John bought for his apartment before we were married. So I called Dad and begged and pleaded and all the stuff that daughters do to get there dad's to do what they want them to do and here he came, I think Mom came to I don't really remember :). It took 3 days, a new washer and dryer, several trips to Home Depot a couple of trips to Lowe's (boy I will be glad when the new Lowe's gets done) and my new laundry room was finished. Dad provided a lot of well needed guidance and manual labor, Mom ran the kids around and took care of them and I just did what ever Dad said; and here it the result. Nobody is allowed to close the door, I just walk by and admire it. Laundry has become a joy instead of a dreaded chore, I think little blue birds sit on my shoulder and sing while I do laundry it is such a magical place.
Notice the new tile floor and cabinets. It is great.
5 comments:
Don't you mean Dad needs his own show on DIY. He is the one that did the work from what I heard.
I did a lot of the labor, now the planning and figuring out how to fix the unforseen problems that was dad's job.
We just got front loaders this weekend as well. My washer finally died.
Wow Stephanie...do you offer your services as a consultant??
Really it look fabulous!
That might actually make me want to do laundry. I know the room won't be complete, however, until you label everything :)
Post a Comment