I think Zach was the only kid in Houston who was disappointed that his t-ball team is the Astros, but the only other available teams were the Mets, the Phillis and the Dodgers. Do you really think Zach could ever wear a Mets or Phillies uniform. I don't think so. And of course his uniform number is #10.
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Baseball Opening Day
Zach has been wanting to play baseball for a long time. This was not a shock to anyone who knows the kid. I have decided that he just needs 7 pairs of jean shorts and 7 Chipper Jones shirts and nothing else in his closet (and cleats and flip flops the only two types of footwear he finds acceptable). So finally this spring he was old enough to play t-ball. He was so excited. I hope this baseball thing works out because he and John spent most of his college fund at Sports Authority outfitting him for t-ball (I had to draw the line at leather batting gloves, Zach still reminds me almost daily that he really really needs them. I told him that if any other 4 year old shows up at t-ball with batting gloves I will get him some). I do have to say Zach is in the backyard (or lately since it has turned cold the living room) practicing everyday, he really does love to play. I have played more game of catch in the last couple of weeks that I have ever played in my life. I just hope he remembers that when he is in the 2028 world series, it was mom not dad who practiced for hours with him. 
1 comment:
What a zoo it was there! If while at the ball fields you hear a wild screaming banchee with a camera in one hand and a video camera in the other, feel free to come over and tell me to shoosh. That or if you suddenly hear someone not close by rooting for little Zach...i've been known to do stuff like that too.
Post a Comment