Monday, February 2, 2009

Happy Birthday Tyler

On January 11th Tyler turned 9. I can't believe it, we are almost half way to a mission. It seems like only yesterday that I was freaking out about him getting baptized (you know the planning and out of town guests not the actual baptism itself) and now another year has passed. Tyler's birthday was uneventful, we had a little cake and a few presents a family outing to the bowling alley (our new favorite birthday activity) and that was it. That is what makes 9 great, all he wants is presents and cake, no decorations, no fuss, just get right to the good stuff.

Tyler had a store bought cake because mom dropped the cake she was making and all the frosting in the world couldn't put it back together again.


Tyler got a fly pen for his birthday (mom's idea) I think it is really cool. Tyler has never even looked at it. I am hoping it was present overload, let's face it there is nothing in the nine year old world that can compete with the Wii that Santa brought.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

thank goodness for the store cakes...they come in handy when mom makes a whoops!