Monday, September 15, 2008

Huricanne Ike

What a ride, but we made it through. We have had some damage to our house and as far as I know we are still out of power (we are currently in Dallas). What a night and I am glad it is over.



We choose to protect the only possession that I care about. My piano.




This is were we slept and rode out the storm, except for the lack of air flow it was very comfortable. We have all of our outdoor cushions under the sleeping bags.



I didn't know that hurricanes brought snow?
A little redecorating the master bathroom to give it that urban loft feel, exposed beams and duct work.







Claire didn't seem to mind the disaster in the backyard. In fact a little light rain makes for a fun day.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

stephani, i've been wondering about you guys since i talked to allison on sunday. she told me you had bad roof damage, our thoughts have been with you, and i was pretty sure you got out of town, knowing you! many wishes for speedy repairs, what a hassle. :(

Kristen said...

Glad it wasn't worse than it was. Still...sucks to be you. Just think of what a great story you have to share with everyone!