On Saturday we had Zach' s party. He has never had a friend party because I have always had an excuse not to have one. But since it was his first we did it up right, moon bounce, lots of friends and all of Zach's favorite things. Of course the theme was Atlanta Braves, he called it his Chipper Jones party, even though Chipper Jones did not show up (now wouldn't I have been the greatest mom if I could have pulled that off, it's not like Chipper Jones is doing anything important since they didn't make the playoffs again). It was lots of fun for everybody.
He had very cool invitations proving you can find anything on Google.
We had all the great ball park foods, hot dogs, cracker jack, popcorn and a bunch of other completely unhealthy favorites.

Zach loved all of his presents except one (we will get to that in a minute) and he has been playing with them every chance he has gotten since the party.
We also had cake and ice cream. I decided to make the cake, not my greatest creation because I had a head cold the day before the party, just proving once again that Sudafed and cake decorating don't mix. It has also taught me to listen to that little voice in my head that was telling me all week "Just order the cake, no one will care that it is not homemade, just order the cake."
After everyone left we let Zach open his presents from us and the rest of the family, it was like Christmas in October.
Zach and his Uncle Sam (he really has an uncle named Sam not the government) have a love/hate relationship. Sam sent a special gift for Zach, a darling little stuffed dog that fits in a purple and pink purse. The girls thought it was the cutest thing they had ever seen, Zach however had a better idea. He thought it would make good target practice for the new double barrel Nerf shot gun. The fluffy little dog has since been kidnapped by the girls and is living a very happy and pampered life in their room.
2 comments:
I'm sure Zach thinks your the best mom in the world for throwing that party for him. The cake looked good to me. I think you're crazy. Happy Birthday Zach.
Wow! Looks like a blast was had by all.
Post a Comment